The lovely Wendy/Savvymum has given me an award! Wendy blogs here about her special family, and she has been a great support to me.
So here are the Rules! I hate rules! But hey ho!
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award- Wendy you for the award xxx
2. Share 7 things about yourself
1. I always wanted to be a lawyer but got turned off when I was on work experience at the tender age of 15 at Wong, McDermott and White. It was not very LA Law
2. I first fell pregnant at 25 but didn't have a baby in my arms until I turned 36!
3. I moved to England 9 years ago, and I love it here, I prefer it to Australia
4. I love cricket! I've been to loads of live games, and adore it, and secretly hope Joseph becomes a cricketer.
5. I enjoy crafts, especially sewing and painting, and used to make loads of my own gifts. Then I had a baby.
6. I did a month's work as a missionary in Fiji when I was 20, working with street kids in Suva and long to go back.
7. I am known amongst my friends for my baking, especially cupcakes, and came second in a baking competition at work. The person who won really deserved it though, her cake was amazing!
3. Pass it along to blogs you’ve recently discovered and enjoy:
My first is The Mummy Life - varied and interesting, and lots of great pics of her gorgeous little man
My second is Northern Mum - as well as an interesting and thought provoking mum she is an encouraging mummy blogger who is always kind and supportive
My third is the very cool Mammy Woo - who is a very honest blogger, a bit like having a chat with a girlfriend after a few too many, well, Woo Woos!
And finally, mum to Esther and William a fellow premmie mum, she has twins, and her blog is an inspiration.
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award
1. Why did you create this blog?
At the beginning, it was part of my therapy for post traumatic stress disorder, but now its a lot broader than that, I blog because I enjoy it! I also think its helpful for others to know what its like to be the mum of a premature baby.
2. What kind of blog do you follow?
I like parenting blogs, especially parenting in difficult situations, and funny blogs. I also like cooking blogs.
3. Favorite Makeup Brand
Benefit. I love it, its light, its fun, the packaging is cool, a little goes a long way and its just cool. Also expensive. Ah well.
4. Favorite Clothing Brand
Evans as I am currently cuddly, however, normally I like Per Una at Marks and Spencer when I'm not so cuddly!
5. Your Indispensable Makeup Product
Benefit's Get Even base, its great!
6. Your Favourite Color
It used to be purple or pink, but now I think its green!
7. Your Favourite Perfume
I love Jo Malone, especially the Nectarine Blossom and Honey, it reminds me of my grandma's garden
8. Your Favourite Film
Probably In The Name of the Father, I still get goosebumps when I think of it. And I love Daniel Day Lewis.
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
I am very lucky and have been to lots of great countries, but I would really love to travel through Indonesia. I think it would be a fascinating country.
10. Are you a Cat or Dog person?
I am a frustrated Dog person, I have a cat, Atticus who I adore, but I love dogs, and enjoy being around them